Reuters 'Drowning in Plastic'

Reuters 'Drowning in Plastic'

de Usuario eliminado -
Número de respuestas: 0

https://graphics.reuters.com/ENVIRONMENT-PLASTIC/0100B275155/index.html

Due to the massive spread of plastic waste all across the globe, Reuters wanted to use an eye-catching illustration in order to draw the viewer's attention on the dangers of using plastic bottles. And it does grab the attention when you first open their article; the first part of it that pops up is an animated counter of the number of bottle that have been sold to people all around the world within a minute.

I waited for one minute, until the counter stopped; and displayed that approximately one million plastic bottles have been sold to pedestrians. For the most part, I believe that this graphic/illustration was incredibly successful in terms of hooking the attention of the viewer to the main focus of the story. 

However, it somewhat failed in terms of credibility; the intensity of the illustration made it almost impossible for me to believe that such a statistic would verifiably be true. And so, I wouldn't have been able to tell if this was a legitimate issue until I saw it with my own eyes; or at least, until I scrolled down and read the first half of the story, even though it impacted me emotionally and attained my curiosity.