Recent published story

Recent published story

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2

In this incredible special report by the Agência Pública (brazilian investigative agency), an exclusive survey was made based on data from the Fundação Nacional do Índio - Funai (indigenous insitute of the goverment) and the National Mining Agency (ANM). Pública (a independent collective of journalists) reveals who will be the natural and legal persons benefited with the PL 191/2020 (bill) of President Jair Bolsonaro, who seeks to open the Brazilian Indigenous Lands for exploitation. In addition, it reveals the increase in the number of mining processes in the Amazon in 2019. This collective also used to check fake news and make a lot of good reports against the goverment corruption.

https://apublica.org/2020/02/a-mineracao-em-terra-indigena-com-nome-sobrenome-e-cnpj/

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Recent published story

by Vanessa Rodrigues -

Thank your for sharing, Juliana.

That's indeed a great example.

Agência Publica is a good case study on how data is being used to unveil uncovered stories and violation of Human Rights.

I've read the Investigative Reporting and the visualization process is very easy to get the information.

Nevertheless, to make the navigation process more user friendly I would suggest it could have visible link to chapters along with the scroll down. I had to go back to the homepage several times.
But that's a tiny detail on the great job and public service provided by this recent investigation. ´

All the best,
Vanessa
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Recent published story

by Deleted user -
Thanks for your comment, Vanessa! In fact, I had not been aware of this detail. But in general, I agree with you, the Public Agency is really a reference for us here in Brazil for investigative and data journalism.