Postdata

Postdata

par Utilisateur supprimé,
Nombre de réponses : 0

I have a close connection with Cuba, a country that I love, respect and consider my second home in the world. I've been going there for many years, I've lived for a while and always want to go back. I follow everything that happens there daily and I know the Cuban idiosyncrasy pretty well. One of the most interesting sites in the context of data journalism that I follow closely is the http://www.postdata.club/index.html made by competent Cuban journalists and journalism professors who analyze the country's data impartially and with investigations detailed. They recently published a series that followed the debates around Constitutional Reform and I invite everyone to take a look at the texts and data (in Spanish). The team has already won some awards and the only thing I miss is more complete details from a gender perspective. In Cuba, this issue is much more advanced than in most countries (contrary to what many suppose). State policies serve women (parity, abortion, civil rights, protection) and also minorities such as LGBT people. However, as I have seen in my experience living on the island, even though the State has achieved this within the scope of public policies, it is society that still resists change. This was evident, for example, when the Assembly (Congress) proposed the inclusion of egalitarian marriage in the Constitution and the people, debating on the streets, rejected the proposal. So, I believe that the reports could have more graphics and details on this aspect, showing whether society's view is more from the male perspective than from the female perspective, for example.