Reuters investigates former NSA who spy on Americans for UAE

Reuters investigates former NSA who spy on Americans for UAE

par gregory anderson,
Nombre de réponses : 0

The link to this January 30th, 2019 story is right here: http://reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-spying-raven/

[I must work on my ability to search out stories as my skills are pallid and weak in comparison to all the great stories my fellow students have been providing.]

The graphics for this story of USA mercenary spies include a map to place UAE amid its neighbors, scrolling sub-titles, side-by-side Purple and Black Briefing summary with respective colors for folder image and heading, and links to other related stories. It also included static images of Contract Spy Stroud, a computer with Edward Snowden's image [he'd been hired just months before he leaked National Secrets], of Ft. Meade NSA building, a skyline view with text referring to the New UAE National Electronic Security Authority.

I found the opening scroll sub-titles to be distracting, interspersed quotes unnecessary, static images uninformative, and the overall effect for me as a reader is that it is a gimmick.

I did find the graphic of the Villa (converted mansion as base of operations) with the changing highlights to match the steps 1-6 of the outline of actions to be intriguing, as well as on the verge of being helpful. But it didn't actually add any essential emphasis or awareness to me of the actions or intent of Americans spying on Americans for foreign nationals.