Wichita manufacturing

Wichita manufacturing

por Ian Tennant -
Número de respostas: 0

Thanks to my department, I was able to buy a subscription to the Wichita (Kansas) Business Journal. This has come in handy for one of my classes where students are working on a series about the impact of the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max on Wichita's airline manufacturing industry. The WBJ has a weekly newspaper and a website behind a paywall. It occasionally uses graphics to explain data. They are much better at data visualization than I am, but their work still seems rudimentary. Keep in mind though that this publication has a small staff, just six people listed on its masthead.

The March 6 print edition included a list of Wichita-based manufacturers. The link is here, but likely behind a paywall: https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/subscriber-only/2020/03/05/largest-manufacturing-firms-in-the.html?iana=hpt_hp2018_01_promo_list

Attached are two screen shots of the WBJ's list, as a list and as a map. The list is helpful and the map is okay. What I can't find online, but it is in the print edition, is two half-pie graphics that show results of a survey. But they don't provide any information on how the survey was conducted, which is troubling.

Anexo WBJ 1.jpg
Anexo WBJ 2.jpg